Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 22 - An Email a Little Different- A Week of Pictures

Dear Family and Friends,

I decided this week to be a little different in my email to you all this week, so this is why I sent 5 different emails with pictures, so you all can see that I am loving life here in Brasil...Helping Souls Come Unto Christ through Baptism is one of my favorite things to do here...speaking of which we have several baptisms planned for this next weekend which I am super excited for. It is truly amazing to see the maracle the Church of Jesus Christ and the fulness of the gospel make in the lives of others. I also love the scenery here in Paraná, especially in my area of Bonsucesso, Ponta Grossa. I hope you all have a wonderful week and you enjoy the photos I have included.

Thanks for the love and support!

Ame,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson

Pic #1- Me at the base of the waterfall
Pic #2- Some livestock we came across returning to civilization after being in the forest
PIc #3/4- Elielton, the shirtless, shoeless young man who I talked about in my last email riding home before church to get ready, and his faithful horse.   





Pic #1, #2 Elder Hobbs and I playing basketball at the stake center with a few other missionaries at the beginning of the month
Pic #3- A Frog that was sitting on the grass outside of an investigator´s house after a rain storm at the beginning of the month.





Pic 1- The neighborhood we started out from. Picture Taken half way to the waterfall
Pic 2- Nature of Paraná- The arucaria- a tree only found in Paraná
Pic 3- Me in the middle of the soy field, super tired and out of breath. I realized from this hike that as a missionary I have gotten super out of shape, but luckily I haven´t gained any weight



Pic #1- First glimspe of the waterfall
Pic #2- Our hiking group at the base of the waterfall
Pic #3- Me being the new brasilian soccer model for the 2014 World Cup in Rio
Pic #4- Doing an ab workout in a small cave near the waterfall




No comments:

Post a Comment