Monday, April 16, 2012

First Letter from the MTC

Today is my last full day in the US for the next two years.  I am surprisingly not very nervous about heading to Brasil, I am just excited to be immersed in the culture and Portuguese.
I saw Elder Archuleta this morning, when me and the companions I am on splits with got locked out of our room and had to go to the floor above us to get the master key. As we were standing around  in our towels, he walked by us and into his room right next to us. I talked a little bit to him and one of his roomates and wished him good luck in the Chile, Rancagua mission because he's leaving today. Aside from seeing him a couple times today last night, we had the most amazing fireside I had ever been to. Before it started all of us missionaries sang hymns and then we heard a musical number from the daughters of the 2nd counselor in MTC presidency, then we heard from our MTC president  Elder Brown who spoke about the importance of being a good companion that is lead by the spirit. After his talk, Elder Archuleta sang the Spirit of God and it was amazing how he brought the spirit into the gym we were in. The final speaker was M Russell Ballard and he also spoke on the importance of teaching by the spirit and believing the doctrine with all our heart. I felt like he was looking directly at me a lot of his talk which was pretty cool. To cap it all off, all of us missionaries formed an Mtc choir and softly sang called to serve as if we were the stripling warriors coming over a hill so by the end we were standing up and singing at the top of our lungs. It was an amazing spiritual and uplifting fireside. The MTC is a remarkable place and I can't wait to experience the one in Brasil.
My companions are teaching me a lot about patience and being understanding because they are struggling wwith the languange but they are a blessing to my life. I am glad to hear that you've been comforted by so many people. Ashlynn you are aewsome. I love you all.
love elder hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment