WOW!!!
The Lord´s hand is truly commanding this missionary work that I am a
part of, and as a result I witnessed more miracles these past seven days
than I think I´ve witnessed in the past 19 years of my life.
I
don´t even know where to begin...this past week my faith and testimony
were tried more than they ever have before in my life. As a result of
truly working with all my heart, might mind and strength and trusting in
the Lord, putting my faith in him and praying with real intent, we
witnessed miracle after miracle this week.
When
September started, Elder Funk and I prayed to know how many people we
could baptize during the moth of September. When we finished our prayer
that first week of September, it became very clear that the Lord wanted
us to set the goal to baptize 4 people during the month of September.
The four people that had baptismal dates marked were: Andrea, a mother,
in her 40´s, of 3 young men who are members, and the oldest son is
serving a mission in northern Brasil; Jose, a father, in his 40´s, and
husband of recent converts, his wife, Shirlei, being the third person I
helped baptize 2 months ago in this area of Guarani; and Vera (a street
contact that Elder Evans and I made three months ago), a single mother
in her 50´s, and her 20 year old daughter, Tais.
However,
as the first couple weeks of September passed, all four of the people
we had plans to baptize were progressing very slowly and Vera told us in
the middle of September that she didn´t want to be baptized anytime in
the near future. At this point, in the second to last week of September,
I began to start to feel helpless because we only had 3 people to
baptize and we wouldn´t be able to meet our goal of 4 baptisms. However,
after stying firm in the faith and contiunually praying to be able to
encounter a 4th person, our prayers were answered of Tuesday, the 18th,
at the end of our district meeting. We received a reference of a 18 year
old young woman, named Anny, that the Elders in the neigboring area
Samambaia gave to us and said that she was a golden investigator ready
for baptism. Since, we receive so many references we put it to this side
and told ourselves that we´d visit her in a couple weeks. The Lord,
however, had other plans. That same afternoon we ran into a less active
member and he said that his non member sister was planning on coming to
church. At that moment, we asked who this sister was...he responded that
her name was Anny. we then looked at the reference and low and behold
it was the same Anny who we´d received as a reference that morning. This
less active member, Erinaldo, told us he´d taker her to church on
Sunday the 23rd and we could start teaching her a few days after. To our
amazement, Erinaldo brought Anny to church and that is when we realized
that we had one week to accomplish our goal of 4 baptisms. Without
hesitation we marked an appointment with Anny for Wednesday the 26th.
On
Wednesday, I did a division with Elder Haycock, a new elder of 3 weeks
in the field and we taught Anny a summary of all the lessons and
reviewed the questions to be baptized. During this lesson, the next
miracle occured, she was obeying all the commandments and had a firm
testimony of the gospel and Book of Mormon. To make a long story short
she decided to be baptized on Saturday night and on Sunday the other
miracles occured, Jose, Tais and Andrea were all baptized. Our goal was
met and miracle had occured.

No comments:
Post a Comment