Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 10 - A Week of More Heat ...Work, Blessing, Work, Trial, Work, Blessing, Sacrifice, Miracle

Dearest family and friends around the world,
The extreme heat here in Curitiba continued this week. The locals are always letting us know that this summer is abnormal because of the extreme heat which rised up to 38 degrees Celsius...I don´t know what that is in farenheit on the top of my head...but it´s super hot especially with humidity. However, Elder Parra and I are making the most of the heat and taking of the advantage of knocking/clapping at a lot of houses to ask for water to drink and as we drink water we talk to them about the gospel and Jesus Christ´s church that he organized in New testament times and restored today. 
This week consisted of a lot of work, blessings, sacrifice and a miracle to end the week. We taught the gospel of Christ to the mom, Rose, and brother, Lucas, of a member this past Monday in a family home evening. They liked the lesson a lot and agreed that they need to be baptized in Christ´s restored church. On Wednesday unfortunately Gabriel didn´t feel right being baptized on Thursday and said he wants more time to think and prepare, so we are letting him prepare in his own time. Just about every day this week we taught 23 year old Jessica, who is 1/2 Japonese 1/2 Polaka. Jessica is one of the most elect woman I have ever met. Each lesson we teach, she asks us questions and makes commentaries that only a member of the church would make. Up until now she already has read several chapters in the Book of Mormon, watched the 50 minute devotional from the YSA transmission of President Tad Callister, and read several general conference talks. Our plan is to commit her to be baptized this Saturday, along with Rose and Lucas. I know that with hard work, sacrifice, 100% obedience, and faith these miracles will happen, just as the miracles of Lucas and Jessica going to an institiute party on Saturday was a miracle. Yet another miracle happened Sunday morning, when we called to Jessica and she told us that she was feeling sick and could hardly walk and wouldn´t be able to go to church, I persisted on the phone for her to go but she rejected the offer saying she was too sick. After I ended this call, a few minutes later Elder Parra told me to call her again, I felt confused, but let Elder Parra call her again. When he called her he said to her, ``We will pass by and pick you up at 10 to assist the sacrament meeting and will give you a blessing of health at church, she accepted, and at 10 am we picked her up, gave her a blessing and miraculously watched the entire sacrament meeting and left saying she already felt a little better. The priesthood is real and blessings have power!
I love you all, have a blessed week!

Com amor,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment