Saturday, March 29, 2014

February 24, 2014 A Wonderful Birthday and Transfers Week

Dearest family and friends,
In case you were wondering the Curitibans here in my area of Boa Vista treated me exceptionally well this past week for my birthday.
On the eve of my birthday and transfers Elder Parra and I  were in a trio with Elder Shaw, of Springfiled, OR as his companion returned home on Monday after an honorable two year mission. I was treated to a chicken strogonoff dinner and a chocolate birthday cake for dessert at the house of Karina, the daughter of Rosi (our  recent convert who was confirmed yesterday). To make the eve of my birthday even better Rosi and her son Lucas gave me birthday presents of a nice light blue tie and a package of gourmet brasilian chocolate. 
The day of my birthday was even better as we ate lunch at the stake Patriarch´s house and they sang ``Parabens´´- the Brasilan Happy Birthday song to me. The Patriarch´s wife cooked fettucine alfredo and chicken for me with fresh pineapple juice...it was amazing. To end my birthday I said goodbye to Elder Parra and received my new companheiro, Elder Leo Carvalho of Rio Grande do Sul. We are a great combo..he is the fire in our companionship and I am the ice...I will send you pictures and more information next week!
I love you all... be like the sons of Mosiah this week and fear and shake at the thought of your neighbors and family living in endless torment. Open your mouth and share the restored gospel! :)
Com amor,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment