Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 10th - A Bitter Sweet Tri-zone Mission Conference and Receiving a Referral from a Member of a 15 Year Old Elect of the Lord

Dear family and friends throughout the world, 
I bore my testimony in my last mission conference as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this past Thursday afternoon. It was a very bitter sweet moment to look at over 70 missionaries and realize that the majority I served as a leader or a companion. In the following foto are 5 of my last 10 companions in the mission field. In order in the picture from right to left (in order from my oldest companion to actual companion): Elder Kakuschke of Wisconsin, Elder Valles of Peru, Elder Ramos of Maceio, Brazil, Elder Parra of Bolivia, Elder Carvalho of Pelotas, Brazil and I.
I love every single one of the companions that the Lord has given to me throughout my mission, each and everyone has a different personality, testimony and story and the Lord put me with each one to build my testimony and stregthen me in the moments of difficulty and trial. The Lord has a plan and purpose in all things, it is our resposibility to be patient and faithful to undersatnd and accept his plan.  
On Tuesday we taught a family after lunch that Irmã Sandra of our ward referred us to. They are an incredible family. And to make this reference even greater, this family was taught over 3 years ago by one of my teachers in the Provo MTC, Elder Groesbeck. When we visited the 15 year old son of this referell on Saturday and asked him if a genie appeared to him and gave him 3 wishes what they would be. He replied, 1. Salvation 2. Remission of my sins and 3. Health for my family. Truly this 15 year old, Denilson, is an elect of the Lord. We passed by yesterday evening and are helping him prepare for his baptism this next Saturday. I know the Lord´s elect exist and the members of the Lord´s church have the ability and reponsibility to help the missionaries find and teach them just as Irmã Sandra did this past week.
I love you all, have a great week!
Com amor,
Elder Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment