Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 5 - Curitiba Bus Strike and Miraculous Wednesday!

Dearest family and friends,

What a long, crazy yet miraculous 9 days it has been since I last wrote. I didn´t write on Monday because President Monteiro moved our preparation day to today (wednesday) to take advantage of the week of carnaval... the translation is ``Party of the Flesh´´ where the majority of people are at home or are on the coast partying and breaking the commandments. 
This last Wednesday, all the business owners of the buses here in Curitiba went on strike and are still on strike up until to the present moment. Because this strike occurred, the city practically shut down the whole day on Wednesday because the bus is the major form of transport in the city. The rest of the week up until today, only about 40% of the buses are running, but luckliy 100% of the Lord´s missionaries and miracles are running. Elder Carvalho and I took advantage of the majority of people being at home on Wednesday and we visited a less active couple, Elcio and Rozi, that we encontered the day before. While visiting them we learned their 15 year old son Gabriel was never baptized, we explained the doctrine of baptism, he understood and accepted the invite to be baptized Saturday night. Miraculously 4 days after meeting Gabriel, I had the priviledge of baptizing him and Elder Carvalho confirmed him following the baptism. 
The Lord has a plan for eachone of us, we need to study the scriptures and pray daily so we can know of this plan and have the Spirit to work miracles.


I love you all, have an amazing week!

Com amor,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson

Elder Carvalho, 15 year old Gabriel and I

No comments:

Post a Comment