Dear Dad, Mom, Liz, Kirstie, Ashlynn, McKay, Family and Friends,
This past week was another week filled with more spiritual, learning and humbling experiences. Although I can´t wait to leave for Curitiba on June 12th, I am trying my best to enjoy these last three weeks here in the CTM because it is such an amazing place where I´ve made great friends from all around North and South America. Not only have I made great friends here, but it is the best feeling to be learning Portuguese and more about the gospel of Jesus Christ here in the CTM and having the Holy Ghost as my constant companion. The Spirit truly does teach me and those who I teach and it never fails to lift me up when I´m feeling down.
One example of how I was guided by the Spirit was last Tuesday evening, as our P-day was coming to a close Elders Larsen and Meadows, my two companions, and I were walking back into the CTM after walking around in the streets of Sao Paulo for a couple hours. As we entered the CTM I saw the secretary of the CTM in the corner of my eye and I had the prompting to go say hi to him. Initially I thought to myself, ``The secretary is a really cool guy, but I´m sure he won´t be hurt if I don´t say hi to him because he looks busy doing computer work``. When I had the prompting a second time to go see him, I decided to act upon it. As my companions and I walked into his office, he looked up and said to my companion Elder Meadows, ``We´ve been looking for you and we have some leaders out looking for you because the President and his wife need to talk to you.`` Elder Meadows then left and met with the President and his wife, who informed him his grandma had died and then they let him call his family who was at her funeral in Hawaii. That night the only thing that was going through my head was that the spirit does truly guide you as you live worthily and that it speaks in a still small voice. If I had not followed that prompting, the leaders would´ve had a lot harder time locating him.
On Wednesday afternoon, Elder Webb from my old district in Provo joined our district here at the CTM, and he is now companions with Elder Larsen, so once again it´s just me and Elder Meadows in a companionship.
As Thursday evening rolled around, we were blessed to receive two new roommates. Our new roommates are Elder Woodruff from Utah and he is companions with Elder Santos of Fortaleza for the next the next three weeks.
To end last week we had the great opportuninty to hear from the 1st counselor in the CTM presidency and he talked about the importance of understanding what kind of missionaries we need to be, and that is we are to be as Jesus.
Anyway I have to go but I love you all and once again thanks for the love and support.
Love
Elder Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment