Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 7th - Sao Paulo MTC


Dear Dad, Mom, Liz, Kirstie, Ashlynn Family and Friends,
 
This past week was another week full of learning Portuguese, studying the scriptures and falling in love with the gospel of Jesus Christ even more than I already am.
Last Wednesday Elder Meadows and I during the afternoon walked around the neighborhoods around the CTM and it was a great experience to just see how blessed we are in America to have such nice big houses and cars with nice yards and well kept roads. It made me really wish I was in Curitiba right now walking the streets everyday andf talking to the Brazilians about the restored gospel and church of Jesus Christ and the hope and happiness that it will bring to the lives of all those who accept it. Wednesday was also my last day in my disrict 15-B, which was my first district when I  arrived in the CTM here in Sao Paulo. It was really tough to get split into a new district but I know that all change happens for a reason and God will always be right by our side.
On Thursday, my old companion, Elder Larsen from Sacramento got his visa and so he joined Elder Meadows and I to make a trio. It is definately a different experience going from a district of 12 with 6 companionships to a district of 5 with two companionships. However, I am happy to say our new district 15-D is great with the companionship of Elder Orr and Elder Black. It is nice to still have the same elders around that were in my first district in Provo, and we are learning a lot more Portuguese from our two teachers now than when we were in our old district.
Friday we had our first full day of our new schedule and it was pretty hard adjusting to all the new times and having to get used to not seeing the members from our old district everyday. During the evening President Degn gave a great short fireside on how we need to obey with exactness, follow all mission rules and always be with our companion to gain all the blessings that our Heavenly Father has in store for us.
Saturday, amist all our teaching lessons I realized that the Spirit is an amazing gift and it truly converts people. In order to have it convert people we must always live worthy of it and act on the quiet impressions it gives.
Sunday we continued our fast that we started Saturday after lunch since it was fast sunday and we had a great mission conference on the importance of doing all we can to prepare and study so we can be the best possible instruments in the hands of the Lord.
Yesterday was bittersweet because the Brazilians that came in with us had there last day at the CTM and our Brazilian roommates Elders Martins and Neves left for the field today. The Brazilain elders are my favorite people here at the CTM because they are so happy, humble and faithful even though they have so little. It was sad to see my friends  leave today, but I am excited to see the amazing things they will accomplish for the Lord. 
 
This church and gospel is true and the Lord has called me as a missionary to share it with the people of Brazil, I am the luckiest guy on the earth.
 
I love you all, thanks for the support!!!
 
Love, 
 
Elder Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment