Dear Mom, Dad, Liz, Kirstie, Ashlynn, McKay, Family and Friends,
This past week was quite humbling and it was a good wake up call that made me realize I need to be the best example possible and obey all mission rules and commandments because I am a walking representative of Jesus Christ. Although I may not talk to everyone I see, I am recognized as a missionary by my appearance and I need to always be doing my best to magnify my calling as a missionary.
On Wednesday of last week, we were teaching a investigator in a role play and we weren´t taking it as seriosly as we should´ve. So after we were done teaching, our teacher, who was acting as the investigator told us we need to take the practice role plays a little more serious. Although, this was one of only a few times that we weren´t taking the lesson as serious as we could, it made me think of my days in cross country and track, where we were constantly told that you play like you practice. After realizing that the eternal salvation of my future investigators are at stake, my companions and I have been doing a lot better job at teaching as if we were in the field, rather than in the CTM.
A group of about thirty missionaries went to the federal police station on thursday to get fingerprinted and we were officially put into the Brasil federal system. The police station was a lot like government buildings in the US, there were a lot of security cameras and guards and the lines took a couple hours to get through. One thing that was different was that we couldn´t cross our arms and lean against any of the walls or sit on the floor or else we would´ve been arrested. Luckily none of us missionaries did any of those things.
As of this past Friday I have been on my mission for one month, it seems like I´ve been away from home forever but at the same time, the days are flying by and there´s not enough time in the day to get everything done.
My companions and I had the great experience on Saturday to teach some brazilian members that acted as investigators for us. It was great to be able to teach them and have them understand most of the things we said but we still have a long way to go to be fluent.
I was officially humbled on Sunday. As our Sunday meetings were coming to an end, a member of the branch presidency came into our room and called me to be the district leader for our district of 5 elders. I was humbled and then I realized that I am now more than need to obey with exactness and set an example because I am a leader.
Overall, this past week woke me up to realize that I have a magnificant calling to magnify and that I can accomplish all things as I have the Spirit and trust in the Lord.
I love you all! Thanks for the support!
Love,
Elder Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment