Sunday, June 17, 2012

May 29


Dear Dad, Mom, Liz, Kirstie, Ashlynn, McKay, Family and Friends,
 
Another week here at the CTM has come and gone, and in officially two weeks I will officially be in the mission field in Curitiba. Time here at the CTM seems to go by so slow at times, but as I look back time has flown by and all the days and weeks seem to just blur together, I guess that´s what happens when you are being productive and have every hour of the day planned out. I feel that every day I´m growing in the gospel and I´m learning how to be a better man and a more faithful, obedient servant of our loving Heavenly Father. 
During our Tuesday night devotional last week, we heard from one of the Brazil area presidents and he gave a great inspiring talks on how we as missionaries are to be neither skeptical or fanatical about the things we are teaching, but rather a mixture of both. From the devotional I learned that in order to be the most successful, powerful missionary I need to have my testimony of the gospel and the church built  upon both the thoughts of my mind and the feelings of my heart.
Throughout the whole week, as Elder Meadows and I taught more lessons to our teachers that acted as investigators, I was reminded once again that I will not convert or bring anyone into the church. The true converter will be the Spirit that I carry with myself as I obey the commandements and mission rules with exactness. On Thursday a group of us missionaries had a workshop, where we practiced proselyting on other missionaries. The auditorium where we did our role plays was set up like a Brazilian subway to prepare us for when we go proselyting in just under two weeks in downtown Sao Paulo. As we did these role plays I gained a burning desire to just want to talk to everyone I came in contact with about this amazing gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know that as I stay humble and rely on the Lord and the Spirit while I am serving this mission I will be able to be used as the instrument that the Lord would have me be. To all of you who may feel that you have no hope, remember this quote, ´´No objects are insurmountable, when God commands and we obey!
 
I love you all and thank you for your support.
 
Love,
 
Elder Jonathan Jared Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment