These past seven days, since I last wrote, have been some of the best and yet most challenging times of my life. To start off, as the biggest meal here in Brazil is Lunch, Elder Evans and I have the great priveledge to eat luch at the members´ homes six out of the seven days a week. I never thought I would be fed so much food in my life, down here in Brazil, but the members either love the missionaries a lot, or it´s just a part of the Brazilian culture. After I´ve eaten a entire plate of food, the members see my plate is empty and insist that I eat more and stuff myself with food. If you know me, I don´t like saying no to people, so most of this week I left lunch feeling more than satisfied, and at times I felt like puking because I had eaten to much.
Aside from the locals here feeding us well, this past week flew by, it seemed like a couple days, rather than seven, but I guess that what happens when you´re busy serving and bringing souls unto Christ. Yesterday, Elder Evans and I had the great opportunity to teach a 21 year old Catholic named Angelo. It was a great lesson because he is confused what church is Christ´s church and what church is the one and true church. So yesterday, we compared Angelo to Jospeh Smith, let him know that by reading the Book of Mormon, pondering and praying about it to know the truth, God will manifest the truth of it unto him by the power of the Holy Ghost. As the spirit was amazingly strong as we taught him the restoration, we committed him to be baptized on the 15th , and he accepted. I am extremely excited and happy that there are people out in the world looking for the truth and looking to change. I know this work is hard and it will only get harder, but bringing souls into Christ´s true church on the earth today is extremely worth it. Always remember that the questions that man can´t answer, God can as we seek him in faithful and heartfelt prayer.
I love you all and thank you for your love and encouragement.
Love the one and only,

Pass along my tip (from years of experience in my in-laws culture): clear your plate off (if you want more), otherwise eat steadily and leave a good 2-3 spoonfuls left. (This is actually also recommended when finishing the 2nd plate too.)
ReplyDeleteIts a tightrope walk between enjoying the food and being ready to puke -- and, of course, refusing seconds is always taboo. I find that a morsel or two left on the plate around the time everyone else finishes eating shows that you enjoyed the meal, but are full. (Finishing early will ALWAYS indicate you want more -- and refusing means you didn't like it.)