This past week was one I´ll never forget and it was one of the, if not the sweetest, happisest moments of my life. Yesterday, Sunday July 1st, I performed my first baptism. After working for over a week with a less active mom, whose ´´husband´´ is in jail, and her 10 year old son, Kaio, I had the opportunity to baptize Kaio yesterday afternoon. It was the best feeling ever to see the transformation that took place in their family in just over a week. Kaio´s mom stopped drinking coffee and alocohol and she stopped smoking after we taught her the Word of Wisdom. Kaio as well was more than happy to stop drinking coffee. It was amazing to commit him to baptism, Monday of last week, and that night he took out the dimond earring he had in his ear and gave it to us, because he knew it was what he needed to do to follow Christ.
Yesterday morning as we arrived early to fill up the baptismal font, we were surprised to check on the font right before church started to see that the church´s water supply ran out and there was only about two feet of water in the font. However, the baptismal service proceeded to go on, and ended up baptizing him on my knees, and he was on his knees so he could be fully immersed in the water. As he came out of the water after the baptism, an overwhelming indescribable joy filled my whole body and I realized, I am bringing souls unto Christ and his church, and it is the best feeling ever.
I love you all and thanks for the love and support!
Love,
Elder Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment