Dear Dad, Mom, Liz, Kirstie, Ashlynn, McKay, Family and Friends,
This week is officially my last week in the CTM here in São Paulo! This time next week I´ll be in Curitiba where I will put all my language training and gospel knowledge to use. This past week was filled with a lot of the same experiences and events that I´ve experienced the past eight weeks here in the MTC and CTM. However, since we are the veterans in the CTM now, we have the opportunity to set the example to all the new missionaries that come in every week. I´m extremely grateful for this opportunity because I like having responsibility, and I like to be able to show those who are less experienced how to get the most out of the CTM.
Last Tuesday night, we had a devotional where we as a CTM choir sang ``Firm in the Faith by Jenny Phillips`` and it was such an amazing experience. The spirit was so strong and all of us missionaries are just so happy to have this experience to serve our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ every day for the next two years that we have no reason not to smile. Following this devotional President and Sister Degn had a meeting with all of us district leaders, and they made the point very clear that we are to be a golden example of obedience to our district, and that there should be no way that people on the streets won´t recognize us as representatives of Jesus Christ.
Yesterday, Elder Meadows and I, along with the rest of our district had the amazing opportunity of going ouside the CTM walls for over 3 hours to proselyte and give people Books of Mormon. It truly was the best experience I´ve had so far on my mission because after we had placed three of our Books of Mormon I felt such an overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness because we truly are doing the Lord´s work and bringing the world his truth. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he did restore Jesus Christ´s church on the earth again. I also know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and with the Bible and Book of Mormon we have the complete true gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love all you and thank you for your love and support. Have a great week and the next email I send I´ll be in Curitiba!!! :)
Love,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment