This whole mission life is crazy...these past 11 months as a missionary have flown by, and I hardly have time to think because we are crazy busy here in Guarapuava, Brasil bringing souls to the restored fulness gospel of Jesus Christ. My mission life will even be crazier this July as we got news as a mission Tueday night that all of us missionaries will be split apart and receive new mission presidents as the Brasil Curitiba Mission will be split into two missions in July...Brasil Curitiba Norte and Brasil Curitiba Sul missions. I am excited and blessed to serve in this work as truly the field is white alrady to harvest.
On Saturday Guilherme, the 20 year old boyfriend of a less active member, returning to activity,, was baptized and Sunday was confirmed a official member of the church and received the Holy Ghost. This baptism marked a long 4 months of helping Guilherme receive the missionary lessons, repent for past sins and develop faith. My favorite quote from him was after I baptized him I asked him how he felt and through his tears and sniffles he responded with, ``AWESOME创 (one of the few words he know in english). I can truly see and feel the atonement work in the lives of our investigators and in my life. I can磘 imagine how dark and dreary life would be, if everyone had no option to repent and be cleansed through the atoning blood of our savior jesus christ.
Have an amazing week, and remember when life gets to hard to stand kneel...and pray ( I have adopted this quote as one of my favorites and put it to prectice countless times here on the mission, the second coming of our Savior is near and prayer will help us stand strong in enemy territory to gain eternal life).
Amo,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson
![]() |
| Elder Hokanson and Guilerme |
![]() |
| Celebrating my 20th Birthday Brazilian style! |




No comments:
Post a Comment