Dear Family and Friends,
The work is progressing great here. This past week we truly encountered some elects of the Lord.
Sunday evening as a huge rainstorm blew in, Elder Kakuschke and I even with our umbrellas were soaked from head to toe in the torrential downpour that lasted more than 20 minutes. To make the situation even better, the appointment we had marked at the time of the rainstorm fell through because the couple we were to visit weren´t feeling to good. As we began walking in the rain to our alternative plan, we ran into a 14 year old young woman, Larissa, that was returning home without an umbrella and was getting soaked. We offered to share our umbrella with her and we walked with her to her house, where she said that no one was home. As we walked up to her house we saw her dad and when we entered we were greeted by not only her dad, but her mom and 15 year old brother, Luan, too. We then taught about the restoration and invited them to read the Book of Mormon and pray about the truthfulness of the book. They committed and then Luan and Larissa accepted the 24th of this month as a date to follow our Savior by being baptized. I know that running into Larissa in the pouring down rain was not a coincidence, but was a miracle. As Luan told us, ´´I feel God put you two in our path to help us´´ and I can testify that he truly did put Larissa in our path so we can help them have an eternal family through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
Sunday evening as a huge rainstorm blew in, Elder Kakuschke and I even with our umbrellas were soaked from head to toe in the torrential downpour that lasted more than 20 minutes. To make the situation even better, the appointment we had marked at the time of the rainstorm fell through because the couple we were to visit weren´t feeling to good. As we began walking in the rain to our alternative plan, we ran into a 14 year old young woman, Larissa, that was returning home without an umbrella and was getting soaked. We offered to share our umbrella with her and we walked with her to her house, where she said that no one was home. As we walked up to her house we saw her dad and when we entered we were greeted by not only her dad, but her mom and 15 year old brother, Luan, too. We then taught about the restoration and invited them to read the Book of Mormon and pray about the truthfulness of the book. They committed and then Luan and Larissa accepted the 24th of this month as a date to follow our Savior by being baptized. I know that running into Larissa in the pouring down rain was not a coincidence, but was a miracle. As Luan told us, ´´I feel God put you two in our path to help us´´ and I can testify that he truly did put Larissa in our path so we can help them have an eternal family through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you all and thank you all for your support and prayers. Have a great week!
Ame,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment