Dear Family and Friends,
This past week was by far one of the most faith testing and testimony building weeks of my life. I never felt Satan´s influence so powerful in my life and I never felt the Spirit and the Savior´s love so strong as well. After a week of trials, I gained a testimony yesterday evening that I am on my mission, not to be perfect but to become a little (a lot) more perfect than I was before my mission. My mission president shared with me the following scriptures to help me learn this principle, and I challenge you to read them as well and think how it applies in your personal life. Read Luke 5: 27-32 and next week I will explain a little more in detail how President Monteiro interpreted to me. The supermarket is calling to us to do our weekly grocery shopping and our house is asking to be cleaned, so I will leave you with my testimony. I know with certainty that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Reedemer. He suffered for all our pains, sins and sicknesses. I know that the Savior lets us struggle to teach us, humble us and increase our faith. Lastly I know that having faith, leads to trials of our faith, thus leading to even more faith.
Thank each and everyone of you for the emails, letters (Which I really love getting ;) ), prayers on my behalf, love and support.
Have a faith and testimony building week this week, I love you all. :)
Ame,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment