Monday, November 4, 2013

August 19 - Jessica and Diego´s Wedding and Jessica´s Baptism

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, it is truly amazing to see how fast time flies. I feel like I was just writing an email to you all yesterday, but it is already a new week. The time truly flew by this week as we helped marry Jessica and Diego in the Cartorio, here in Curitiba. Jessica and Diego were first contacted at the end of March. Diego had been inactive from the church for almost 10 years and had been living with his ``wife´´, Jessica,  for about the same amount of time. The two had a son together, Andre- 7 years old, and they had the custom of smoking drinking coffee. The missionaries that first arrived helped them save their marriage, which was falling a part and they helped them stop smoking and drinking. When I arrived in the beginning og June, Jessica and Diego, finally gained the desire to get married legally with the government. The process to help them get all the paperwork for the marriage was long.
 After two months of waiting on the cartorios, Diego and Jessica were married this past Wednesday and Jessica entered the chilly waters of baptism, as the water heater didn´t work too well because we filled up the baptismal font an hour and a half before the baptism, on Saturday night, and was confirmed a member on Sunday, thus fulfilling a long awaited dream of Jessica. One year from now, there goal is to enter the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity. 
I love this work and I know that the fulfillment of the commandments, brings only happiness and peace to the soul.

I love you all, thanks for the love and support.

Ame,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment