Monday, October 7, 2013

July 8 A New Week, New President, New Rules

Dear Family and Friends, 

My time is super short, but I will update you on a few new happenings in the missionary world...
As of this past Thursday, we as missionaries can no longer use backpacks while proselyting to avoid assaults, back, neck and knee injuries.
We can no longer play any kind of sport on preperation day.
We can no longer leave our proselyting area to go sight seeing or meet with other missionaries, and 
We can no longer use pins or tie tacks on our suits.
I know that these new rules will help me and all the other missionaries in the world focus on our purpose of teaching and baptizing God´s children into Christ´s restored Church.
I learned this past week that we should never not feel the need to pray. Others may offend and hurt us, but I know that through Christ´s atoning sacrifice he will clean and cure our wounds. When life seems uncertain and we are lost in life´s journey, seek the Lord´s counsel because he has the map that will lead us to have eternal life. 

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment