Dear Family and Friends,
After watching the leadership fireside I realized, I have fallen in love with the work and people here...I think I might just marry missionary work and stay a missionary for the rest of my life and for the eternities. We are doing fairly well in teaching whole familes the gospel. I´ve learned to never put a limit or a cap on the work because I can always improve. Right now we are preparing 2 cousins and an uncle,(Danielson, Casio and Marcleide) from Northern Brasil, the state of Piaui, for baptism this coming month, they are giving up smoking and drinking so we are being patient in their conversion process. Also we are preparing to marry a less active man, Diego, (who´s returned to activity) and his ``wife´´, Jessica, who will be baptized this coming month as well. In total I think 70% of our teaching group of investigators are couples, parts of a family or complete families. Working with families that not all members are members of the church is the key to success, the majority of my baptisms up to this point have been NTM´s.
To turn this zone around we started this morning planning divisions every day this week with our 4 district leaders and one other area that is struggling a lot. We are putting the focus on contacting 140 people in the street or at home per week, getting 70 addresses to pass by the contact´s house in the following days/weeks and teach 21 ``true´´ lessons per week, which means the spirit can be felt, and prayers are said to open and close the message.
Elder De Magalhães is an awesome companion and we will do divisions and interviews in all the district leader´s areas to help them be more animated and obedient.
The work here is accelerating at an amazing speed and this week will be a week of miracles.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!
Ame seu amigo e missionário,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment