Dear Family and Friends,
The time has finally come...After entering the mission field here in Curitiba 12 months ago, I finally am serving in the city of Curitiba. Late Saturday night at about 10 pm, Elder Hobbs and I got a phone call from one of President Cordon´s Assistents with news of the misisonaries that would be transferred to different areas and the new Brasil, Curitiba South Mission. Surprisingly for one of the first times on my mission, I wasn´t nervous to hear where I would go. I was super calm and relaxed because I knew that if it was the will of the Lord, I would stay in Bonsucesso, Ponta Grossa and if not I would be sent to an area/zone where there are people that are need of my testimony and help. As Elder Schmidt, President Cordon´s Assistent, announced that I would be transferred, I was a little in shock and saddened because I had grown to love the ward members, recent converts, investigators and most of all my amazing companion, Elder Hobbs. However an overwhelming peace came over me as Elder Schmidt told me that I would serve in the Taraumã zone, the same zone I served in for two days last August, I would continue my responsibility as zone leader and be companions with one of the ex secretaries to President Cordon, Elder De Magalhães of Recife Brasil.
I spent practically all day yesterday saying goodbye and taking pictures with the members, recent converts and investigators that I had grown to love, then I stayed up until about 1 in the morning packing my bags and reflecting on the 11 miraculous weeks I had in Bonsucesso. Then this morning I woke up at 4:10 am, got ready, ate breakfast, went to the bus station at 5:40 am to help other missionaries catch their buses to their new areas, and at 7 am I took the 2 hour bus ride to Curitiba. I arrived in the Curitiba bus terminal and had a great reunion with my new companion, Elder De Magalhães , who served with me in my district for a little over a month in Ponta Grossa.
I am super excited to serve here in the Vila Oficinas Ward in the Taraumã Stake in the Curitiba Brasil mission. These next 6 weeks will be full of hard work and miracles.
Thank you all for the love and support.
Love,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson




No comments:
Post a Comment