MERRY CHRISTMAS...A week and a day early! I hope all of you have a great Christmas and New Years with Family and Friends. Don´t ever forget the true meaning of Christmas. Look for opportunities to serve those around you and take time stop think about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for you and me.
While the majority of you are bundled up in blankets, sipping hot chocolate in the cold Christmas weather, I am getting burnt like a lobster and sweating like a pig, in the hot, humid summer here in Guarapuava Brasil. For me the only reason I know it´s almost Christmas is because of the Christmas decorations around town and the small Christmas trees in investigators and member´s houses. Since I am working like crazy with Elder Riberio everyday in the humidity here from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm I feel like it´s the end of July and the winter it´s on it´s way, but winter isn´t for another 5 months or so.
This past week, Rosny, our recent convert that was baptized a week ago and confirmed yesterday, bore his testimony of the church and his baptismal experience to Elder Riberio and I. I was filled with an overwhelming feeling of joy when he told us that when he was baptized in another church in his teenage years he didn´t feel a difference, but as he was baptized two Sundays ago he was overcome with tears of joy. He told us that we are the real heroes in the world, saving lost souls and bringing them into the true church. Truly losing yourself in the service of others and bringing others the restored gospel of Christ is the best Christamas present I could ever get or give.
I love you all...MERRY CHRISTMAS once again!
Love,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment