Sunday, February 24, 2013

January 21, 2013 Teaching Karina, A Young Woman Prepared By the Lord

Dear Family and Friends,

This past Tuesday when we had our zone conference with President and Sister Cordon and the Assistents, I learned that I need to be a misisonary or a fisher of men that fishes with nets to bring families into the church and not just a normal fisherman with a pole that brings one person into the church at a time. 
Tuesday afternoon I had quite the interesting and awkward experience. We were starting to teach Ana Maria, a reference from a member when her 14 year old niece, who looked like she was at least 17, came into the room. She greeted the returned missionay, Lucas who was with us with the normal greeting of a hug and a kiss on the cheek...Then she came to me. I stuck out my hand super far out to avoid the hugand kiss, but she leaned in and went for the kiss. Out of second nature I quickly backed up in the chair I was in, since we as missionaries can´t hug or kiss girls for these two years. But as I backed up she continued going in for the hug and kiss. Out of second nature again I shouted, ``Não posso!`` or ``No I Can´t`` She quickly pulled away and asked why and I quickly responded ``because we´re missionaries`` To say the least we were both a little embarrassed, but luckily I didn´t break any mission rules, because of my puma like reflexes.  
Friday Elder Kakuschke did a great job leading the lesson of the restoration and we truly encountered a daughter of God prepared for us. Karina, 25 years old, was taught in this lesson with a 18 year old priest from our branch. The Spirit was extremely strong, as we listened to her needs, taught according to those needs and asked inspired questions. At the end of the lesson she was commited to be baptized Sunday the 10th of February, she enthusiastically accepted and said she would read the whole Book of Mormon because she was interested in the fact that we told the her the Book of Mormon has the answers to all her questions.


Thank you all for the love and support!

Love,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson


No comments:

Post a Comment