As far as the work here in Guarapuava, Elder Riberio and I are working like crazy to use the book of mormon and the spirit to convert the 14 investigators that we have marked baptismal dates with. I know these next couple weeks will not be easy, we had a few days this week where all our appointments fell and it was pouring down rain with wind blowing in our face, but we learned that we need to keep the faith so we can have the spirit and perform miracles.
On Thursday my companion and I ate at a hole in the wall buffet and for the first time in my life I ate stomach of a cow, and now I know why I never ate it before.
One of our investigators, Rosny from Mexico, prayed in church yesterday to have us cut off from visiting him at his apartment, if the church wasn´t true, and not knowing that he prayed for this, we marked an appointment, right after sacrament meeting, to visit him that night at 7:30. As we arrived at his apartment, the telephone on the intercom to his apartment was off the hook and we almost left, because we couldn´t get a hold of him to let us in, but as I said a silent prayer a couple walked up and began to enter the building and we explained the situation with the intercom and they let us in. We entered Rosny´s apartment and after conversing to him for a while. He told us of the prayer he said in the church and told us that after praying for over two weeks if the Book of Mormon is true, he finally received an answer when we marked the appointment with him after sacrament meeting. He told us that god listened to his prayers and God responded in a simple, but miraculous way. We then set a goal for him to prepare to be baptized Sunday the 25th of this month.
This work is truly miraculous when we are firm in the faith and believe, all things are possible.
Have a great week, I Iove you all!
Love,
Elder Jonathan Jared Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment