Sunday, February 24, 2013

January 28, 2013 Trabalho Duro + Obediência= Milagres e Felicidade

Gabrieli and I. Gabrieli is 8 years old and when her dad asked her if she wanted him to baptize her, her answer was, ``No, I want a missionary from the United States`` and she then chose me to baptize her to the dismay of her dad. But he he was just glad she was being baptized and was happy with her choice. I had the privilege of baptizing her after church yesterday. 

Dear FAmily and Friends,

This past Saturday was pretty disapointing to not hear from Elder Oaks, as he was held in Utah after undergoing a minor surgery for a blood clot, but it wasan amazing experience to hear from President Christensen, from the Presidency of the 70, President Costa, President of the Brasil Area and Bishop President Stephenson. I learned from them that all our questions we have can be answered through prayer and studying the scriptures and words of the prophets. Questions of ``what if this would have happened are not questions God likes. God has a plan and there is a reason behind every event. It is our opportunity to ask, ``How can I aply this doctrine in my life to make me a better person.

Yesterday was a miraculous day. We had 5 investigators in sacrament meeting and for four of them it was their first time. After sacrament meeting I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize 8 year old Gabrieli, because she wanted an American missionary to baptize her and not her dad. As three of our investigators stayed for Gabrieli´s baptism. We asked each one of them how they liked it. Karina, who we´ve been teaching for two weeks said she loved it and that she´ll be baptized next sunday. Ezinobia, who we had never met before yesterday asked a member of the branch presidency, ``How can I be baptized like that little girl?`` The member of the branch presidency said, ``The missionaries will pass by your house this week to teach you.`` Truly the Lord works miracles in the lives of others and our own when we strive to obey all mission  rules and commandments with exactness and with a smile on our face. Truly the secret to missionary work is WORK! By the way Ezinobia lives with five more people and her 10 year old son was baptized a wile ago in Curitiba. This mission is amazing and I love and cherish every minute of it!

 Thanks for all the love and support!

Amo,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson



No comments:

Post a Comment