Sunday, February 24, 2013

November 5, 2012 Extremely Out of Shape, A Great Zone Conference and a Giant Wind and Rainstorm

Well this past Tuesday morning, I realized how out of shape I am, as Elder Ribeiro and I woke up a 6:20 and went on a 2 1/2  mile run around a pond near our house. When we arrived back home I was panting like a dog and the next couple days it was very painful to walk as it felt like all the muscles in my legs had been torn. However, we ran again on Saturday and fortunately my legs didn´t hurt and I could actually breathe. 
On Tuesday morning and afternoon, we had the great priveledge to have a zone conference and our leaders and President and Sister Cordon spoke to us. I was again reminded of the importance of the Book of Mormon as a missionary, because without the Book of Mormon we have no puropose as missionaries and members, but with it we have proof that the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth today with a living prophet. I challenge each and everyone of you, regardless if you know the book of mormon is true or not, to read a few pages and through prayer ask God if it is true. I promise you all as a representative of Jesus Christ that you will know it´s true through the Holy Ghost.
On Wednesday evening as I was with a new elder, in a poorer part of Guarapuava in a poorly constructed shack of a recently baptized couple, we began sharing a message with them when all of the sudden the lights started flickering, and we looked out side to see pieces of the roof flying away as a giant wind and rainstorm was happening. The next 10 minutes or so I was praying that the roof wouldn´t collapse as rain was entering the house. Luckily the roof didn´t collapse and we escaped the storm unharmed. However, hundreds of people, after the storm, were on top of their roofs, repairing the damage from the storm. I learned from this experience the importance of not only having a firm physical foundation, but a even firmer spiritual foundation so that we can stand firm in the stroms of sin and temptation that beset us (Helaman 5:12). This work is amazing and Elder Riberio and I are working like crazy to help six people enter the water of baptism this month of November.

Thanks for the love and support! Until next week!

Love,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson 

No comments:

Post a Comment