Sunday, February 24, 2013

January 15, 2012 A Humbling, Faith Promoting and Draining First Week as a New Trainer


My son, trainee and companion, Elder Jared Timothy Kakuschke (K-uh-coo-sh-kuh) from Osh Kosh, Wisconsin and I

What an amazing, faith promoting past week it has been. It all started with losing to President Cordon in arm wrestling on Monday during a training, on the importance of focus, dilligence and hard work, for the new trainers. Sister Cordon started the arm wrestling on the count of three and it seemed that before she had even finished saying the word three, President Cordon already had won with my hand almost touching the table. I definately learned theat the president of the mission is more focused than me, but it was also kind of embarrassing because he is a little older than dad, so I lost to an old guy...I love you dad, you´re not that old. ;)  The week only got better. I can´t begin to describe how humbled I have been since beginning training Elder Kakuschke. These past 6 days since receiving my new companion last Tuesday, Elder Jared Timothy Kakuschke of Osh Kosh, Wisconsin. I have had to translate just about everything from Portuguese to english because he is still learning how to learn and speak with the natives. It is amazing to see that he follows my example in just about everything I do so I have to make sure I am always obeying with exactness. I don´t have any more time, but know that I am doing great and I love this restored gospel of Jesus Christ that I am bringing to all God´s children here under the hot humid sun, in Guarapuava, Brasil. Tem uma semana muita boa e lembra que eu amo todos de vocês!

Amo,

Elder Jonathan Jared Hokanson


My first few days as a trainer have been very humbling, I don´t know if I´ve ever been so tired in my life then these past few days training my new companion, Elder Jared Timothy Kakuschke (K-uh-coo-sh-kuh) from Osh Kosh, Wisconsin...yes the home of the clothing osh kosh b´gosh :).
 
So big news Saturday the 26th of this month from 9:00-11:30 am we will have a special visit in Curitiba with the whole mission. Elder Dallin H Oaks, President Claudio R. M. Costa, President of the Brasil Area and Bishop Stephenson will visit us, most likely to announce the new mission president and the rumor is they will split the curitiba mission into two diferent missions, because we almost have 200 missionaries, which is one of the biggest group of missionaries in one mission in the world. I think Elder Oaks is just trying to find an excuse to visit his grandson, Elder Michael Oaks, who took my place  3 months ago to be trained by Elder Funk in Guarani, my first area.
This is a marvalous work...Has there been any one new from the stake or that I know that recently received their mission calls?
I love you Mom, Have a great week!
 
Love your son and missionary,
 
Elder Jonathan Jared Hokanson
 
PS- I have to pay $50 to get my package that Liz sent me in the post office in Curitiba.  FYI Any future packages...don´t put Elder Hokanson, just Jonathan Jared Hokanson...and it will be less likely the package is tariffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment