Sunday, January 26, 2014

December 2, 2013 New Area, New Companion and New Junk Food From the United States Arriving in Super Markets in Brasil

While my new companion, Elder Ramos of Maceió, Brasil, and I were in BIG, a supermarket like Walmart, we encountered a little piece of heaven for an american missionary serving in a foreign country. Attached is a photo of what we found. :) 
Dear Family and Friends,

I was officially transferred this past Tuesday to the North of Curitiba in one of the largest and strongest wards in the Brasil, Curitiba mission. I am now serving in the Boa Vista ward in the Boa Vista stake. My new area has a lot of higher class neighborhoods and a ton of apartments...more than I have seen my whole mission. My new companion, Elder Ramos of Maceió, Alagoas, Brasil, and I live in a large apartment complex and it is a lot nicer than the old wooden house where I lived the past 5 1/2 months. I love Elder Ramos he is super funny and sarcastic and has a sweet north eastern brasilian accent.
I had the wonderful opportunity on Saturday and Sunday to help the sisters in my zone interview a family of 5 for their baptisms on Sunday. This family that I interviewed were some of the most elect people I have met up until now on my mission. They met the sisters a little over 3 weeks ago, went to church only two times and decided they wanted to be baptized after their second time at church. Attached is the picture of this family that I helped baptize yesterday. They are an amazing elect family of the Lord.
I hope you all had a wondeful Thanksgiving. Thank you all for the Love and support! :)
Com amor,
Elder Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment