Dear Family and Friends,
This past week was super crazy as Elder Valdez and I worked with two Elders in Jardim Mercúrio, a neighboring area in our zone and our own area of Vila Oficinas. Elder Valdez worked with Elder Calderon, of Peru, one day in our area of Vila Oficinas and the next day in Jardim Mercúrio and I worked with Elder Guimarães, of Campo Grande, Mato Grosso de Sul, one day in Jardim Mercúrio and then the next day I wroked with him in our area of Vila Oficinas. To say the least I am mentally, spiritually and physically tired from all the changes that we made this past week.
In the midst of all this area changing this past week. Elder Valdez and I witnessed a miracle occur as Johnny, a 24 year old from Haiti, that watched general conference two weekends ago, decided on Wendesday that he wanted to be baptized on Sunday. He commented to us that he wanted to be just like us, so Elder Valdez on Friday night gave him one of his white shirts and on Sunday morning I gave him one of my ties so he could fulfill his desire of being like us. However to our great surprise, Johnny, this humble man who works as an electrician and lives in a small one room apartment with a small bathroom, bought a nice suit in the center of Curitiba to go to church on Sunday and be baptized. I was amazed to see the dedication Johnny showed to look his best, even with little money, to go to the Lord´s church and be baptized (Included is a picture of Johnny before his baptism). I love how this gospel moves people for the better and I know that this gospel of Jesus Christ is humbling me more than ever before in my life to recognize my sins and weaknesses, repent and sacrifice whatever is necessary to have eternal life and live with my family forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment