Monday, January 27, 2014

Melting Like a Popsicle in the Heat and Humidity

Dear family and friends,
While the United States feels like a giant freezer, here in Curitiba Brasil it feels like a giant oven/sauna. These past weeks it has been been super hot, and according to the Curitibanos, this summer has been one of the hottest in the history, with little rain and extreme heat day after day.
As the weather has been hot, Elder Parra and I´s teaching group has been growing and heating up too. In this past week we taught more interested, accepting families than I have in my entire mission. I leanred from this that truly the Lord blesses us as we endure to the end...the end of the hour, the end of the day, the end of the week, the end of the month or the end of the mission. The scripture in 2nd Nephi 31 is true when Heavenly father says, He that endureth to the end, shall receive eternal life. I know it is not easy to endure to the end, but I know it will all be worth it as we shall live with God and our families forever in a celestial state. 
On another note, I felt incredible joy these past couple Sundays as Cesar, who we helped baptized 3 weeks ago, received the Aaronic priesthood, ordained Willian, his son who was baptized on the same day as him, and yesterday blessed the sacramernt in front of all the members of the ward, who doubted him for so long.
I love you all, thanks for the love and support...stay warm up there!
Com amor,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment