For those of you who don´t know the Lord is hastening missionary work here on the earth. So as a missionary and leader there is more pressure and work to do than ever before. I felt this great pressure a couple weeks ago as the Lord and President Monteiro expect us to help one of God´s children enter the waters of baptism each week. As our area was heading on two weeks without a baptism, I was pretty stressed out because as a leader I need to show the rest of the missionaries in my zone how to help God´s children enter the waters of baptism each week. On the night of Saturday the 26th of October, I looked at our teaching group and realized that we needed a miracle to happen if we wanted to set the example for our missionaries and baptize someone before the end of the month. I then said a prayer, asking Heavenly Father to perform a miracle and let someone with a testimony of the restored gospel arrive at church that was already taught by the missionaries in the past with a desire to be baptized.
On the 27th Sunday morning we went to pick up various investigators that said they would go to church and to our dismay, none of them came with us to church, due to various excuses. When we arrived at church with no investigators (a missionary´s worst nightmare) and an hour passed by our faith was pretty dim that we would help one of God´s children be baptized. However to my great surprise, just as our faith was running out, a clean shaven man in a suit walked in and I recognized him as an ex-investigator that had been taught numerous times by the missionaries in the past, starting in the 1980´s with his first contact with the church. When he asked where to go for the church meetings, I walked with him to show him where to go. As we walked I recognized that this man, Errolflin was the answer to the prayer I had said the night before. I asked him if he had been baptized before, he responded no. Then I asked him if he wanted to be baptized and he responded yes, I have had a desire for a while now and I finally made the decision to come back to church. I then asked him if he had faith and he responded yes. I told him to use his faith and enter the waters of baptism on Tuesday night...he accepted.
Tuesday night we helped Errolflin enter the waters of baptism and I truly learned that the Lord knows and loves his children and when we ask in prayer specifically, the Lord responds out of love and responds in accordance with his will.
I love you all, thank you for the love and support.
Ame,
Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:
Post a Comment