Sunday, January 26, 2014

September 16, 2013 Seeing the Spirit Confirm the Truthfulness of the Restoration to Our new Investigators, An Emergency Transfer



Dear Family and Friends,

You guessed it, once again this week I am short on time, but I just wanted to let you all know that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored on the earth today, Joseph Smith saw God, the father, and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove and through him Christ´s true and perfect church was retored to the earth once again with a living prophet, who talks to God face to face, 12 apostles and power and authority of God. I had these facts confirmed countless times this past week, as Elder Hawkes and I put into practice a new counsel from President Monteiro in order find the true elect of the Lord. The counsel he gave us was to challenge every new person we teach in the first visit, after we teach the restoration, to pray and confirm with God the positive feelings of peace and love that they felt as we taught. We also challenged each new person to confirm in prayer that Jopspeh Smith was a prophet and that our message is true. As Elder Blanco, a missionary from a neighboring area,  and I were doing a division on Thursday, we put this counsel yet again into practice as we taught Eliza. When we challenged he to pray, she accepted and when she asked God to confirm the truthfulness the Spirit testified to all of us that it was true. We then asked her waht she would do to follow the answer she gained from God, and she responded that she would go to church and invite her whole fmaily as well. Tonight we have an appointment with Eliza, her husband, son and daughter in law. Truly the spirit testifies of truth.
Last but not least the big emergency transfer news...Elder Hawkes has been called to serve in a different area and my new companion is Elder Valdez from Eugene Oregon. I´ll tell you more about my new companion next week.

I love you all thanks for your love, support, forgiveness and prayers!

SMILE this week :)

Love,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson 

No comments:

Post a Comment