Sunday, January 26, 2014

December 9, 2013 - The Best Weekend of the Mission- The Da Silva Family Baptism

Dear family and friends,
 
I don´t know if I have already said this, but I love the mission with all its´ trails and triumphs. This past week and weekend was by far one of the most miraculous and fulfilling that I have had yet on the mission. Why is that, you may wonder... Don´t worry I will tell you why. These past couple weeks since I have been here in Boa Vista, Elder Ramos and I have been teaching the Da Silva family. Truly this family was prepared by the Lord. Viviane, the mom of the family, was the most prepared of all. As we taught her on various occasions she let us know that our message and presence came in the moment that she needed most, because she lost her grandma a few months ago and it has been very tough for her as she dealt with depression. However, she said that the plan of salvation that we explained to her gave her a new found hope. Every lesson we shared Viviane and her 5 children (Evelyn 16, Kevin 13, Alex 11, Kimberly 8 and Emily 6) payed attention and accepted the commandments and our invites with very little reluctance and as a result they put their faith and trust in the Lord and yesterday after sacrament meeting Viviane and her 4 children entered the waters of baptism, in what turned out to be the largest group baptized in over 3 years. I know the Lord is aware of us and is ready to answer our prayers and bring us true celestial happiness as the Da Siva family experienced yesterday. The Lord lives, loves us and wants all of his children to have the correct baptism as the Da Silva family had (Luke 12:50).
 
I love you all!
 
Com amor,
 
Elder Hokanson 

No comments:

Post a Comment