Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 13th - The Great Miracle of Sacrifice and Faith- O Batismo de Cesar e Willian

Dear family and friends,
I have received my new companion and you will never guess where he is from (attached is a photo of his face) ... I will make you search for his name and where he is from in this email I wrote to my mission president in Portuguese. I do not have much team so I will let you put this email into google translate to hear about one of the biggest miracles (that my companions and I were a part of) this que ward of Boa Vista and I have ever seen.
Hebrews 11:1 I know to be true:
Now a faith is the b substance of things c hoped for, the d evidence of things not seen.
Study Hebrews 11 and 12 to see Ether que truly God works miracles According to our faith. I know the President Uchtdorf has said, `` we need to doubt our doubts (and the doubts of others) before we doubt our faith.'' Miarcles and baptisms happen because of our faith, sacrifice and 100% obedience.
I know without doubt that miracles are real that they believe, have steadfast faith and sacrifice much, as this last week when I was bitten more than 20 times by fleas caught in the house Some NTMS. To realize the miracles that happen every day has to be humble and pay attention to see the Lord's hand in our lives. Since I arrived in the ward most members talked over a ntm named Cesar, who was attending church regularly with his wife and 3 children who are members of the church makes a little more than two years. However instead of talking about it in a good way, most people had no faith in him or the fact that he would win the various vices that he had since youth. A little more than a year ago he was cured of alcoholism and drug principelmente through reading the book mormon daily. In the past two months the eldest son, William, who was not a church member, moved to the beach with his girlfriend and began to live with Cesar and his family. Me and my old mate does not run behind because they were not certain people in the past month. However they have made certain people hetrazada Sunday when Cesar confronted me saying, `` You (elders) need to go to my house and teach my oldest son!'' I answered, `` All right.'' Soon after I talked with Willian , the son of Cesar, and he told me that his girlfriend left the house and away from him with plans not to return. The moment Willian said that to me, I felt that we would baptize him and maybe help the father to take a step of faith to drop the little coffee and cigarettes which he still wore. We spent Sunday teach the plan of salvation. I returned with my new companion, Elder jhordy Parra Claure Cochabamba, Bolivia on Tuesday with great faith that we would baptize not only Willian but his father too. I did not comment anything about the bad comments that members made about this brother, and only talked to Elder Parra that this brother is ready to be baptized, have all been taught in church and was several times. Elder Parra got very excited and I also because we play all the bads comments about these men out and saw them as they pudiam be. Our visit on Tuesday asked the question for Cesar and Willian, `` If you died today would you be ready to meet God and live with your family forever?'' Both They replied `` No''. We asked, `` What is missing?'' Inspiringly they replied, `` Baptism.'' Once they said that, we only received the agreement that they should be baptized and they agreed. The great miracle happened on Wednesday. We entered the house of Cesar, sat on sofa, look for Cesar and William, and Cesar told us, `` You can now schedule my baptism for this Saturday.'' In shock I said, `` You can repitir what you just to say.'' He again answered, `` Yes, you can mark my baptism and the baptism of my son for Saturday, we decided ... we want to be born again and let our sins / vices ago.'' After more than 5 years members and missionaries working with this brother, Cesar and his son entered the waters of baptism a Saturday night and were confirmed on Sunday morning. We complete this family of 6 persons with these two baptisms. Played before baptism, with members that Cesar was baptizing would be such a miracle as Christ making the water wine. Maybe it was not so great, but I know without a doubt that many miracles happened this week that a father and son could baptize together and receive a saving ordinance. These two baptisms were one of the greatest miracles that have happened here in this ward and I know that the hand of the Lord is here with his spirit because of our sacrifices and desire to be 100% obedient to the commandments and mission rules.
I know Christ lives and loves us. I love my new companion and I am learning from his south american culture to always say please, thank you and ask for forgiveness.
I love you all, Have a miraculous week!
With love,

Elder Jonathan Hokanson

No comments:

Post a Comment